Thursday, February 21, 2008

This does suck

OK....it's now official..from the doctor his-self...I got Bronchopneumonia. The 02-23-08 S.O.B.E.R. Group Barleywine event has been rescheduled (to an as yet unknown date) and I'm just not too happy about it. Nope...just not too happy at all.
This little bout with a bug also cost me my day watching the Tour of California in downtown Sacramento....not to mention untold number of miles in preperation for the Epic Redwood Ride that is scheduled to start June 1st.
No...this just isn't fitting my schedule what so ever.
Looks like I will also miss out on any kind of visit to 21st Amendment and Magnolia BIG BEER MONTH. Although I have to wonder why my favorite new beer from the Bistro's 8th annual Double IPA fest (21st Amendments "Hop Crisis?", in case you haven't read my previous entries) isn't a part of the official beer list.
Hopefully it isn't just a one-off deal..... which this illness damned well better be!

3 comments:

Greig McGill said...

Sorry to hear that Mike. Hope you feel better soon. I've been enjoying catching up on all your old posts. Been meaning to for AGES! :)

Anonymous said...

I was at 21A over the weekend and enjoyed some Hop Crisis. Hard to believe something that goes down so easy is 11.8%. That and Pliny the Younger were the two best beers I had during my trip. Screw all those barleywines, in my opinion.

Get well soon, man.

Rick Sellers said...

Seriously, dude, stop being sick! There's so much more to life - biking, drinking, drinking while biking, giving old ladies directions while you should be biking, dumping the drinks on old ladies who stop you from biking... really man, it's getting out of hand.