Friday, February 29, 2008

Rebounding

Finally I think I may have turned the corner on this dirty illness business. I went out intending to spin real easy around the neighborhood yesterday and ended up getting nearly 16 miles in 61 minutes. My lungs were still a bit underachieving but my legs were screaming for more. I Had to reel them in a couple of times. At one point an HP bike commuter timed the traffic light perfectly and drove past me as I got myself underway. I immediately had to remind myself not to give chase as I was trying to keep my Heart Rate under 150 and not do too much my first day out in nearly two weeks.
Today I snuck out of work a bit early and managed to fit in 93 minutes and added another 24 miles to February's meager total (221 miles). Felt good again and rewarded myself with a Franzenkaner when I got back. I also added a couple Avery IPA's and the world felt better than it had in weeks.
Tomorrow I plan to put in a slow two hours and hopefully at least 30 miles. Baby steps I have to remind myself......although June 1st seems likes it's sooooo close.
Part of my legs motivation is the fact that I've lost approx 25 pounds since January 1st. However, there is no time to sit back and enjoy that decent progress. Another 30 pounds still needs to be misplaced before our departure in Brookings. And that's 30 pounds that will become increasingly more difficult to shed. I can't wait.

No comments: