Sunday, February 3, 2008

Big Daddy

No....it's not a post about the fine IPA from Speakeasy... it's just a few comments about my Dad who has once again flirted with the bastards of doom and death and come away with another few, or hopefully plentyfew, days left on Gods Grey earth.
Frank Zappa may have coined the phrase of God's Gey Earth but it's my Dad Charles B. Lybarger who has looked fate in the eye and declared "Not until I'm ready" and dared to skate away into weeks and even years of existence beyond anything that any Doctor has ever dreamed him possible. 20 years ago they gave him four years to live. And so on and so forth up until this past year when four heart surgerys were labeled the maximum doable dose of carving any human could reasonably endure. Yet...he lives on.
In fact in three weeks we here at the SOBER Group will be hosting the third annual BarleyWine tasting/podcast for Pacific Brew News and my old man has made it a point to attend the proceedings.
Obviously I am hoping and even willing him to actual make the 430 mile journey north to join us in this years epic event. And even obviously more so in his attempt to look the grim reaper in the eye and say "fuck you bitch....not till I'm ready".
I don't care who ya are.........Ya gotta love that.
OK then...well..there's that......and good night.

1 comment:

Baublehead said...

King of Stubborn. He rocks!