Saturday, February 2, 2008

BIG FOOT


Finally....Sierra Nevada's legendary Barleywine 'Big Foot' is available to us here in the Sacramento region. Darek and I were forced to cut short our usual Saturday bicycle ride by some really foul and rainy weather so we decided why not go in search of Big Foot instead.
Rick mentioned that he found the stuff in Phoenix last week whilst he was down there on a DRAFT magazine headquarters visit...and also read that you could get it in Oregon, Washington and even back East in someplaces. Obviously this was very annoying news for those of us that have been patiently awating the arrival of this otherworldly nectar.
We learned from a S.O.B.E.R. group member Friday that it could be found at the Local Beverages and More for $9.99 a sixer. High priced for other beers but seemingly typical for one of the worlds great Barleywines.
Well I'm here to tell you you want to skip that trap and go straight to Total Wines instead. Darek and I walked out of there with a case each and spent less than 33 bucks for it. That's right $7.49 a six pack!
I almost hesitate to report it but considering they had cases stacked in huge piles in several store locations I believe there's enough to go around.
They also had 12 packs of Sierra Nevada ESB in huge quantities.
I'm already thinking I need to go back and get another case...before they figure out what they're doing.... and also because I think I need one in the closet to open next year. And maybe in each and every closet I got in my house.

1 comment:

Rick Sellers said...

Wow. Good to see the Hop Hunter has bagged a couple hopped up beasts this week.