Thursday, November 15, 2007

Next stop... Thanksgiving

Every year here at the Soberment we host a Thanksgiving type food and drink fest gathering for family and friends on the Saturday after the traditional Thursday. We've been doing it now for the past 5 years and it is growing and growing. We have a humble and rather smallish three bedroom/2 bath abode that simply bursts at the seams on that festive occasion. It spills into the garage and onto the back patio and if the weather is nice (it usually is) even into the front yard. We roast one turkey in the BBQ on the back patio and another in the oven. We also do a ham and Ralph tells me this year he's coming up and bringing a massive side of beef and a BBQ/smoker to cook it in.
But as usual there is also a large focus on the Beer.
I am in the process of trying to talk (begging) Brian Ford of Auburn Ale House fame to pull me off a 5 gallon cylinder of his great "Isotope Pale Ale ,weapons Grade IPA" for the occasion. We are also still hording our left over supplies of greenflashbrew.com and Alpine products from our trip South for the surprise party last week and have managed to hold on to some Russian River growlers as well. Oddly we also have a growler of Jack Russell Brewing IPA in my fridge who's origin I'm still wondering about. (Terri knows I'm guessing)
I also hear that Sacramento Brewing is releasing it's fabulous Imperial Red on 11-16-07 at the Oasis Site in Citrus Heights.
And who knows what goodies some of the guests will bring. Did I mention that my good buddy Rick plans to brew that day as well???? Got himself a new beer sculpture I hear
.

1 comment:

Baublehead said...

Epic fall short as an adjective for this party...