Monday, January 14, 2008

January 14th

Can it actually be Monday January 14th already, nearly halfway through the first month of 2008? Indeed it is and I can hardly believe how time is flying. Seems like Xmas just happened and I can even still remember the great Thanksgiving festivities quite vividly.
The real reason for all the fuss is I am truly under pressure to become something much less than I am at the moment.
All the holiday's, weddings and idle days off the bike, due to injury or mechanical breakdowns has seen my weight balloon up nearly 30 pounds above what it was mid summer. Even in a typical year this would be annoying at the least and down right unacceptable in reality.
But this isn't just any year...this is the year that on June 1st I will be joining some of my favorite and closest relatives and friends for a nearly 500 mile one week bicycle ride down the California Coast. A trip that was announced in a previous blog entry.
Yep..the pressure is surely on and finally the rains have at least temporarily subsided so I can get out there and drop some much un-needed tonnage.
So if Hop news seem to take a back seat for awhile I'm sorry but I just can't be hauling a bunch of extra weight up and down those Northern California hills for no good reason.
Can I reach my target weight of 270 pounds before we depart???
I guess we shall see. I know my bike sure hopes so.

1 comment:

Baublehead said...

Oh yeah, you can make it. Just one day at a time. Try not to look too far ahead and just try to eat gradually less and of course better foods. Especially stay away from anything with 'trans fat' or if the ingredients says 'high fructose corn syrup.' Have you been drinking the hot water with lemon? Works well.

I can't wait for the trip. Gonna be outstandingly fun