Saturday, September 5, 2020

Cooking shows ...

 ... or eating shows ... or food game shows ... the food channels has got them all ... and I find I’m missing the straight ahead food preparation shows and tuning out the gimmicky BS. Guy’s Grocery Games? Seriously?

Another weird observation I have from watching these so called chefs is their habit of dumping a pile of spices, herbs or other small volume items directly into the center of the bowl contents instead of beginning the even distribution process by sprinkling these ingredients throughout the container ... effectively reducing the blending portion ... which in many instances does little to enhance the dish.

But then what do I know ... perhaps I’m missing something ... after all I’m the guy that’s about to create brunch using ingredients that are nearly 100% yellow or orange.

I need a good spicy hot dish to help sustain me on my days journey ... buying bullets, beer and BBQ takes several Habanero and Manzanita peppers to pull off. And certainly at least half a grapefruit .... as I’m certain Karen and the mask police are out there ready to give me grief as well ... maybe I better throw in some Serrano’s too.

No comments: