Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Stupid Bowl

Of course I can say that because my team is once again not playing in 'the big game'. Naturally if my team was participating it would be the greatest game in the past decade....especially if the Chiefs prevailed. Such is the nature of today's sports appreciation I suppose.
I would have preferred the match-up of Conference Championship game losers Baltimore and San Francisco... a result that could easily have happened except for a couple of botched plays at the end of the game by special teams players. Individual players failing in a game predicated on the notion of it's own doctrine of unselfish unity and teamwork. Ironic... and for the fans of the 49ers and Ravens...heartbreaking.
The one unfortunate downside to the 9ers being in the playoffs would be the time I'd have to spend picking unsightly mothballs off all the SF jerseys and team memorabilia that inevitably comes out once the team qualified for the playoffs. I suppose that's typical of many fans of all different teams all over the country but since I live in an area in proximity of the Niners ..... I notice that other 70% of fans that show up only in good times. The fair weather fans.
So good luck to those real Patriot and New Jersey Giants fans out there that have been forced to suffer through three or so years of no Superbowl.... for the rest of you bandwagon jumpers...just eat your guacamole and shut up.

1 comment:

hermes birkin said...

Hi, I read a few of your other posts and i wanted to say thank you for the informative posts..