Sunday, January 30, 2011

Beermen

It might be the byproduct of having a fairly odd and unusual last name myself but I've always been drawn to and amused by other weird, different and humorous names and titles. Especially sports team mascot names.
I mean who among us are not fans of the 'Farts'.... a Norwegian womans Soccer team that was established in 1934. Or the Belgian Soccer Club 'Beerschot', or closer to home for me the UC Santa Cruz 'Fighting Banana Slugs'. Oh...and I really like that legendary Hockey team from Georgia 'The Macon Whoopee'.
I got another one for the list.....The Philippine Basketball Association (Yes, there is such a thing) San Miguel sponsored 'Beermen'.
Check it out..... I can't wait for my new San Miguel Beermen hat to arrive.

1 comment:

birkin bag said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read.